David M. Reed, Esq., assists clients to develop a personalized and effective plan for how their assets and affairs will be managed during periods of incapacity, and after death. Our firm also assists clients with the estate administration and the often complex probate process.
Estate Planning Services
Everyone has different goals and needs for their own estate planning. Reed & Reed, P.C. can help you with your planning, whatever your wishes are. Common estate and wealth planning tools the firm provides include:
- Wills – Your will identifies how assets should pass after you die and who should be in charge of that process. If you have minor children, your will can also be structured to include provisions for a guardian of these children.
- Trusts – Some estates may benefit from using a trust as the primary vehicle to transfer assets. We can discuss the benefits of a trust for your individual situation.
- Powers of Attorney – A power of attorney authorizes someone to handle your financial and medical affairs during your lifetime, and is an important part of planning for the unknown.
- Living Wills & Advanced Medical Directives – These documents specify your wishes for medical care in the event you are no longer able to speak for yourself to make your wishes known. These documents can save a family member the pain and anguish of making this difficult decision on your behalf.
- Transfer of Death / Life Estate Deeds – These deeds are a way to transfer of real estate to beneficiaries outside of the probate process and can be a good option for certain situations.
Estate Administration Services
Reed & Reed, P.C. can also assist with the probate process after a loved one has passed away. Services the firm provides include assisting executors and administrators with estate administration and probate, including assisting with the required filings with the Commissioner of Accounts and Circuit Courts.
Contact Reed & Reed, P.C. Today!
The best time to make your estate plans is today. For help with your own estate planning, or for assistance with probate and estate administration, contact the experienced, knowledgeable attorneys at Reed & Reed, P.C. today.